Tofu Fajita Bowl
💚 Served with black beans, bulgar wheat, baby corn & avocado! Serves 1
For the Fajita Sauce:
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp maple syrup
juice of 1/2 lime
1 tsp sriracha mayo/sauce
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp mild chilli powder
a pinch of ground cinnamon
a pinch of garlic powder
For the Tofu:
1/2 395g block extra firm tofu, drained, pressed & dried
a sprinkle smoked paprika
1/2 red bell pepper, green pepper & yellow pepper, sliced
mushrooms, sliced (optional)
red onion, sliced (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200c/180c fan/400f/gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment.
2. Slice the dried tofu into bite sized pieces, add the tofu to a small bowl, then sprinkle in some smoked paprika, shake the bowl until the tofu is coated well.
3. Add the tofu to the lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until slightly crisp on the outside.
4. Meanwhile to make the sauce, mix together all the sauce ingredients into a bowl until everything is fully combined then set aside.
5.Slice your bell peppers and other optional veggies into thin pieces.
6. Once the tofu is slightly crisp and much more firm, take it out the oven. Heat a frying pan with a little water/oil, then add the peppers cooking them on a medium/high heat setting until slightly soft. Add the tofu, then pour in your fajita sauce, stirring frequently, cook for another 3 minutes until the sauce has reduced and the peppers are soft.
7. Serve with rice/Bulgar wheat/quinoa, some lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, avocado or wrap them up into tortilla wraps with some vegan cheese, vegan mayo, lettuce & avocado! ENJOY!
Tag a friend in the comments who’d totally love this recipe!
👉 Follow theveganrecipes_ to see more !!